Eggar’s School is situated at one end of the beautiful and historic Wey Valley, beneath the wooded slopes of the Hampshire Downs.
The school has one of the oldest foundations in the county. Under a Trust Deed dated 21st March 1638, a local farmer named John Eggar realised his idea of providing a school to serve the needs of its community. He appointed ‘Feoffes’ (Governors) and negotiated the purchase of 39 acres of land at Anstey.
The first Head Teacher was appointed in 1642 – the date that appears on the school badge and which is proudly displayed on the current Eggar’s school blazer.
In 1968 the school moved from the original site to the modern buildings and spacious grounds it now occupies at Holybourne. In 2012 the school decided to become an Academy, under the 2010 Academies Act, as a means to secure existing standards and to further develop the school.
Each year, in a Founder’s Day service at Holybourne Parish Church, the school community remembers John Eggar.
Eggar's Grammar School 1642 -1968
Exam Invigilators - January 2021 £9.50 per hour https://t.co/sXufBdhIus 10:47 AM - 02 Dec 2020
Curriculum Leader of Art - January 2021 We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, and talented Curriculum Leader of Art. The department currently delivers both GCSE Art and GCSE Photography and has excellent resources and facilities. https://t.co/sXufBdhIus 10:46 AM - 02 Dec 2020
Class of 2020 Please be advised examination certificates are being posted out signed for Royal Mail, over the next two weeks. #classof2020 10:47 AM - 01 Dec 2020