The main goals of our Careers provision are to encourage student aspirations and achievement whilst creating awareness of the opportunities. We support our students to make informed decisions and make the right choices for their next steps. We pay attention to the needs of all students and all potential pathways into employment, training, further or higher education. We are conscious of our responsibilities to discuss Pathways including T-Levels, Apprenticeships and ‘A’ Level routes. We work to with students to develop the skills needed to achieve their desired career in fast a changing employment and educational landscape. We regularly review our careers programme against the 'Gatsby benchmarks', which is a framework of best practice.
Parents and carers can expect a wide range of opportunities within the curriculum to address Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance.
If you are an employer who would like to work with the school to promotes career and training opportunities please contact
In addition, we make every effort to seek independent expertise and advice by working with external agencies including;
- EM3 Enterprise M3 https://www.enterprisem3.org.uk/
- Careers Enterprise Company https://www.careersandenterprise.co.uk/
- ebpSouth www.ebpsouth.co.uk
- Sparsholt https://www.sparsholt.ac.uk/
- The Future Skills Centre https://www.bcot.ac.uk/bordonfsc
- HSDC Alton https://www.hsdc.ac.uk/study-with-us/alton-campus/
- Farnham, Guildford, Merrist Wood, Godalming Colleges and Alton School 6th Form
- Basingstoke https://www.bcot.ac.uk/
- Farnborough Colleges of Technology https://www.farn-ct.ac.uk/
- Southern Universities Network (SUN) https://www.sunoutreach.org/
- Amazing Apprenticeships ASK https://amazingapprenticeships.com/about-ask/
- Hampshire Futures https://www.skillsandparticipation.co.uk/course/view.php?id=570
- Inclusive Futures https://www.inclusivefutures.co.uk/
Life beyond Eggar’s
Please see the document on the Guidance & Research page our Year 11 Destination Data, which shows a summary of the last few years of careers destinations for students in Year 11. Students in the other category may have relocated to other countries or decided under data protection rights not to submit their data. As you will note the vast majority of our students move on to either Sixth Form Colleges or Further Education Colleges and there has been a similar pattern for a number of years.
Problem of the week! Please do not comment with the solution so other people can work it out too. Instead, like this post if you think you have the correct answer. The solution will be posted in the comments on Thursday at 4pm! Best of luck #UKMT #Problem #Maths https://t.co/p7WvGqGFuc 2:30 PM - 07 Feb 2023
No one should have to face mental health problems on their own. @Place2Be are proud to partner with @GiveUsAShout to provide 24/7 support in the UK. If you're struggling, text CONNECT to 85258. Anytime, anywhere. #ChildrensMentalHealthWeek https://t.co/vuxqG2QDak 11:16 AM - 07 Feb 2023