The main goals of our Careers provision are to encourage student aspirations and achievement whilst creating awareness of the opportunities. We support our students to make informed decisions and make the right choices for their next steps. We pay attention to the needs of all students and all potential pathways into employment, training, further or higher education. We are conscious of our responsibilities to discuss Pathways including T-Levels, Apprenticeships and ‘A’ Level routes. We work to with students to develop the skills needed to achieve their desired career in fast a changing employment and educational landscape. We regularly review our careers programme against the 'Gatsby benchmarks', which is a framework of best practice.
Parents and carers can expect a wide range of opportunities within the curriculum to address Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance.
If you are an employer who would like to work with the school to promotes career and training opportunities please contact
In addition, we make every effort to seek independent expertise and advice by working with external agencies including;
- EM3 Enterprise M3 https://www.enterprisem3.org.uk/
- Careers Enterprise Company https://www.careersandenterprise.co.uk/
- ebpSouth www.ebpsouth.co.uk
- Sparsholt https://www.sparsholt.ac.uk/
- The Future Skills Centre https://www.bcot.ac.uk/bordonfsc
- HSDC Alton https://www.hsdc.ac.uk/study-with-us/alton-campus/
- Farnham, Guildford, Merrist Wood, Godalming Colleges and Alton School 6th Form
- Basingstoke https://www.bcot.ac.uk/
- Farnborough Colleges of Technology https://www.farn-ct.ac.uk/
- Southern Universities Network (SUN) https://www.sunoutreach.org/
- Amazing Apprenticeships ASK https://amazingapprenticeships.com/about-ask/
- Hampshire Futures https://www.skillsandparticipation.co.uk/course/view.php?id=570
- Inclusive Futures https://www.inclusivefutures.co.uk/
Life beyond Eggar’s
Please see the document on the Guidance & Research page our Year 11 Destination Data, which shows a summary of the last few years of careers destinations for students in Year 11. Students in the other category may have relocated to other countries or decided under data protection rights not to submit their data. As you will note the vast majority of our students move on to either Sixth Form Colleges or Further Education Colleges and there has been a similar pattern for a number of years.
Investigating the 'Day of the Dead'! Spanish students have been delving into this amazing festival celebrated on November 1 and 2! https://t.co/YuGqT0PTUS #WeAreEggars https://t.co/le86GAzZnq 7:55 PM - 03 Nov 2022
Another amazing month! Check out what's been happening in our October Update: https://t.co/B8Cv9W7RBJ #WeAreEggars 5:06 PM - 02 Nov 2022
#MondayMotivation. Building on the success of this years GCSE results, our daily Revision Programme will continue this term for our Year 11s, with a total of 110 sessions to be provided throughout the year. Between 70 and 100 students have been attending per session after school https://t.co/2UpqC6T4eF 7:08 PM - 31 Oct 2022