Curriculum and Assessment
The purpose for education at Eggar's School
- challenges and supports all, to be ambitious and achieve their potential.
- is inclusive, broad and balanced, covering the national curriculum/exam specifications.
- is enjoyable, engaging, relevant and flexible, adapting to individual needs and interests.
- develops innovative and enterprising lifelong learners, prepared for their next steps.
- provides enriching experiences within and beyond the classroom which develop knowledge and cultural capital.
- promotes extensive personal development and is literacy/numeracy rich.
We intend for students to leave Eggar’s:
- with wide general knowledge together with rich specialist knowledge of the subjects they have studied which they can apply creatively.
- intellectually curious, with an appetite for learning and the skills to learn effectively.
- ambitious to succeed in the next phase of their lives having made well-informed judgements about the paths open to them.
- inspired to make a continuous positive contribution to their communities.
For subject specific information on intent, content, assessment etc please visit the ‘Curriculum Areas’ link.
Problem of the week! Please do not comment with the solution so other people can work it out too. Instead, like this post if you think you have the correct answer. The solution will be posted in the comments on Thursday at 4pm! Best of luck #UKMT #Problem #Maths https://t.co/p7WvGqGFuc 2:30 PM - 07 Feb 2023
No one should have to face mental health problems on their own. @Place2Be are proud to partner with @GiveUsAShout to provide 24/7 support in the UK. If you're struggling, text CONNECT to 85258. Anytime, anywhere. #ChildrensMentalHealthWeek https://t.co/vuxqG2QDak 11:16 AM - 07 Feb 2023