Curriculum and Assessment
The purpose for education at Eggar's School
- challenges and supports all, to be ambitious and achieve their potential.
- is inclusive, broad and balanced, covering the national curriculum/exam specifications.
- is enjoyable, engaging, relevant and flexible, adapting to individual needs and interests.
- develops innovative and enterprising lifelong learners, prepared for their next steps.
- provides enriching experiences within and beyond the classroom which develop knowledge and cultural capital.
- promotes extensive personal development and is literacy/numeracy rich.
We intend for students to leave Eggar’s:
- with wide general knowledge together with rich specialist knowledge of the subjects they have studied which they can apply creatively.
- intellectually curious, with an appetite for learning and the skills to learn effectively.
- ambitious to succeed in the next phase of their lives having made well-informed judgements about the paths open to them.
- inspired to make a continuous positive contribution to their communities.
For subject specific information on intent, content, assessment etc please visit the ‘Curriculum Areas’ link.
Pupils at Eggar's School in Alton have plenty to talk about https://t.co/pkcCzvTOV5 7:17 AM - 03 Apr 2023
https://t.co/rN03QSyh52 7:38 AM - 02 Apr 2023
We hope everyone has a happy, active Easter. Looking forward to summer activities on our return https://t.co/UM4kOigExA 6:57 AM - 01 Apr 2023