Trips and visits are an important part of Eggar’s School year. Whether day outings or longer international expeditions, school trips can make a major contribution to the acquisition of knowledge and the development of interpersonal skills. They allow our students to learn outside of the classroom, with some important real-world experiences. Trips can enhance their confidence, their independence, and can contribute significantly to their personal development.
Trips and visits can include:
- Geography Italy trip, both cultural and academic, observing a variety of geographical features and history
- Residential visit to Mankoadze, Ghana working alongside the charity TEaBAG (The Education and Book Appeal Ghana)
- Field study trips to Hengistbury Head, Dorset
- Music tour to Salzburgerland, Austria
- War graves trip to Ypres, Belgium
- Visits to local and London theatres
- Various Sporting events
- Ski trip to Austria
- Taster days at local colleges
Trips can be paid for online and when relevant, stage payment options are available.
Staff work hard to ensure all trips are carried out safely.
Upcoming trips information
For all information relating to upcoming trips please click on the appropriate attachment below
At this month's Lecture Club, there was some thoughtful debate on the difficult topic of eating disorders. Emmerdale actress Gemma Oaten gave a heartfelt account of her own personal experience. https://t.co/swU1qbDbPh #WeAreEggars https://t.co/aX0UzdRXf0 2:36 PM - 19 Jan 2022
We had a lovely day with a delightful group of Year 5 students from Chawton Primary School yesterday. Here they are with some Block Bots they designed and made in Design & Technology! https://t.co/yHY3VsuT8x 6:41 PM - 18 Jan 2022
LAUNCHING TODAY! Create and film a 2 minute song, dance or monologue (or combination) from a musical or a play with music. Individual entries only this year. Deadline: January 31. #DramaticViewing #WeAreEggars https://t.co/Zh2wuc9KW8 8:23 PM - 17 Jan 2022