Alison Spencer, Food and Art Technician
As part of our series entitled #TechnicianTalk, we are delighted to introduce you to Ali, another of our amazing technicians.
When did you start at Eggar’s?
Sixteen years ago as a Food and Art Technician.
I was also a student here when my favourite subjects were Home Economics and Textiles. Through my love of these subjects, I went on to follow a career in home furnishings, making things like curtains, pelmets and blinds from home. I worked for five different businesses in Alton, Farnham and Frensham.
What roles do you have in school?
My role includes a wide variety of responsibilities, including:
- Working with students in food practical lessons and offering additional support to students who need extra help
- For both my roles I order, check stock levels and ensure that all equipment is out and readily available for students
- Administrative duties including photocopying and laminating
- During practical exams, I offer support to students and the teacher
- Renewing displays in Art rooms and around school, I’m also handy with a paint brush!
- I am also responsible for the Textiles room. I maintain the sewing machines, order and prepare resources for after school clubs.
What is your favourite part of your role/s?
The best thing about my role is working with all the amazing, hardworking, friendly and supportive staff. They have made me feel very welcome and are appreciative of the support I’ve given them. I also love working with students of all ages and abilities. Seeing them progress on their journey to Year 11 makes all the help and support I’ve given them worthwhile.
You know you’ve done a good job when they give you a big smile and say “Thank you miss for all your help”……
What are your hobbies outside of school?
Sewing, dressmaking, soft furnishings, crafts, upcycling furniture, walking my dog and lots of retail therapy!
We hope everyone has a happy, active Easter. Looking forward to summer activities on our return https://t.co/UM4kOigExA 6:57 AM - 01 Apr 2023
Wishing everyone a relaxing Easter break and please read our latest newsletter. https://t.co/M6P02Ly3ch https://t.co/4EwzE5sGDt 1:02 PM - 31 Mar 2023
End of term and our Refectory have Hot Cross Buns on offer for the students and staff. The team do an amazing job keeping everyone fed and happy at school. #easter #endofterm #WeAreEggars https://t.co/mv568iwwdw 9:25 AM - 31 Mar 2023