School's long history celebrated
On Monday, the tradition of walking to Holybourne Church for a service to celebrate our school founder was re-established. After a break due to COVID-19, it was lovely to be back in church!
Under a Trust Deed dated March 21 1638, John Eggar realised his idea of providing a school to serve the needs of its community. The first Head Teacher was appointed in 1642 – the date that appears on the school badge and which is proudly displayed on the current blazer.
The Reverend Gordon Randall led a beautiful service which included:
• Music by Mozart from our string ensemble
• Isla S. played a flute solo by Joachim
• A vocal duet by Lauren P and Danielle Y who sang 'Somewhere Only We Know'
• Voices in Harmony sang 'For the Beauty of the Earth'
• Readings by Maryanne-Joy A, Scarlett T, Danielle Y & Isabella MB, and Katie R.
All our Year 7s attended the service with their tutors, and it really helped them appreciate the long history of their new school.
Practice makes perfect! #ChristmasatEggars #WeAreEggars https://t.co/f1rPm6VKKw 9:30 AM - 05 Dec 2021
Some of our Year 11 D and T pupils are in school today, busy in the workshop. #ChristmasatEggars #WeAreEggars https://t.co/Tkiqq6PoeZ 9:00 AM - 04 Dec 2021
Don't forget it's non uniform today raising money for the 999 Cenotaph. #ChristmasatEggars #WeAreEggars #UnitetheUniforms https://t.co/zZFtSBu0CB 8:30 AM - 03 Dec 2021