School's long history celebrated
On Monday, the tradition of walking to Holybourne Church for a service to celebrate our school founder was re-established. After a break due to COVID-19, it was lovely to be back in church!
Under a Trust Deed dated March 21 1638, John Eggar realised his idea of providing a school to serve the needs of its community. The first Head Teacher was appointed in 1642 – the date that appears on the school badge and which is proudly displayed on the current blazer.
The Reverend Gordon Randall led a beautiful service which included:
• Music by Mozart from our string ensemble
• Isla S. played a flute solo by Joachim
• A vocal duet by Lauren P and Danielle Y who sang 'Somewhere Only We Know'
• Voices in Harmony sang 'For the Beauty of the Earth'
• Readings by Maryanne-Joy A, Scarlett T, Danielle Y & Isabella MB, and Katie R.
All our Year 7s attended the service with their tutors, and it really helped them appreciate the long history of their new school.
Calling our Class of 2022! We'd love to keep in touch with you. Sign up to our Alumni Association and stay connected to your 'old' school! #WeAreEggars https://t.co/5CYgv87Slq https://t.co/VZ63r4CZVF 2:32 PM - 17 Aug 2022
#FlashbackFriday Remembering an amazing trip to the Netball World Cup in Liverpool back in 2019. https://t.co/qco9hPz56a Brilliant games. Memories to keep! #WeAreEggars https://t.co/EcGdxnna4F 4:03 PM - 12 Aug 2022