Mr Bufton: Year 8 Progress Leader and Teacher of Maths
With the arrival of several new members of staff this term, we thought we’d try and introduce a few of them to you.
First up is Mr Bufton:
• When did you start at Eggar's?
As a student (2002-2007). As a staff member (2020)
• Where did you teach before?
Unsted Park School but predominantly most of my teaching has been based in Aldershot at Ash Manor and Alderwood
• First memory of teaching?
Not being able to work the interactive whiteboard on my first day
• First impression of Eggar's?
Exactly how I left it
• What's the best thing about teaching?
Being the reason somebody understands something and the day-day interactions.
Seeing young people become young adults is really rewarding.
• If you were a tree, what kind would you be and why?
A palm tree: In the sun and on the beach!!
• When you’re not being a Year 8 Progress Leader, what do you do?
Play football semi-professionally and I'm a former PE teacher.
Some Year 7s have gained both practical skills and confidence on the road this week with intensive cycle training through the brilliant Bikeability! https://t.co/fosZzulDHy #WeAreEggars 5:35 PM - 13 May 2021