Orange chocolate brownies!
Straight from The Great Eggar's Cookbook, why not give these delicious brownies a try? They only take an hour to make and bake. A perfect way to celebrate a new term!
You can print out the recipe below or better still ... you can buy your own copy of The Great Eggar's Cookbook and enjoy this and the many other fabulous recipes in it.
An order form is also below.
200g chopped butter
200g roughly chopped dark chocolate
Zest of 1 orange
4 large eggs
350g caster sugar
100g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
100g orange matchsticks/chocolate
1. Heat the oven to 180C and line a 24 x 20cm brownie tin with baking parchment.
2. Place the butter, dark chocolate and orange zest in a non-stick saucepan and melt over a medium heat, stirring every so often until smooth. Be careful not to overheat.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and sugar together with an electric whisk until pale in colour, has doubled in volume and leaves a trail when the beaters are lifted.
4. Gently stir the egg mixture into the cooled chocolate mixture.
5. Sift the flour and cocoa in to the bowl, stir in with a metal spoon, then add the orange chocolate. Stir again.
6. Pour the mixture in to the baking tin and bake for 35-40 minutes.
7. Cool in the tin, then cut in to squares.
Come and see us! Take a Guided Tour around our amazing school and see what we mean when we say #WeAreEggars. We still have some spaces for the Tours in June. Book today: https://t.co/eSIlOtZxl2 6:54 PM - 23 May 2022
Leadership. Teamwork. Fun! Last Friday Lt Commander Russ Haines from the Royal Navy led a fabulous training day for our student leadership team. Their mobile training apparatus was very similar to a large scale Meccano set! #WeAreEggars https://t.co/9so2z6EtpV https://t.co/IIcLQgmcpn 4:15 PM - 22 May 2022
It's Fri-YAY and we're celebrating a brilliant Year 8 trampolinist! Abi not only won GOLD in the Regional Challenge Cup Qualifier for Double Mini Trampoline (Level 1) but she also qualified for the next round! Congratulations Abi! #NumberOne https://t.co/hCOfKitPxk 4:12 PM - 20 May 2022