Need some inspiration today? Try this!
Amberley M. brings you her tasty Banana Loaf recipe from The Great Eggar's Cookbook. She says:
" The inspiration for this recipe came from going to Wisley when I was younger. They served some amazing banana cake in the tea room and I wanted to make some at home. So I came up with my own recipe for Banana Loaf helped by my dad."
- 200g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g natural yoghurt
- 150g sultanas
1. Pre heat oven to 175C and grease a 2lb loaf tin.
2. Place butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat them until creamy. Whisk the eggs in one at a time, combining them well. Beat in the banana.
3. Sift the flour and the bicarbonate of soda together into a separate bowl. While mixing on a low speed, add half the flour to the batter mixture. Then add half the yoghurt. Repeat, alternating the flour and yoghurt until it has all been added. Stir in the sultanas.
4. Spoon the batter mixture into the prepared tin and cook in the oven for 45-60 minutes.
5. Test if cooked by inserting a skewer into the cake. If it comes out “clean” the cake is done. Take out of the oven and leave to cool. Remove from the tin when totally cool.
6. Serve topped with butter icing if desired.
IT ASSISTANT We require an enthusiastic person to support the IT provision in the School. For further details & application form, please see our website https://t.co/XspIgsmhHN Closing Date: 09 October midday 2:13 PM - 14 Sep 2020
Mini Bus Driver Term Time Only £10 per hour Driver required for minibus services, initially for 2 x four hour trips on 2 days a week. Applicants must have good communication skills, a full clean driving licence (with D1) and ideally previous experience. https://t.co/XspIgsmhHN 2:11 PM - 14 Sep 2020
Dear Parents, Please see the latest information for Staggered Start and Finish Times from Monday 14 September. This information has also been emailed to parents signed up to our email communications. https://t.co/UrI8NuJo0u 6:54 PM - 10 Sep 2020