Need some inspiration today? Try this!
Amberley M. brings you her tasty Banana Loaf recipe from The Great Eggar's Cookbook. She says:
" The inspiration for this recipe came from going to Wisley when I was younger. They served some amazing banana cake in the tea room and I wanted to make some at home. So I came up with my own recipe for Banana Loaf helped by my dad."
- 200g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g natural yoghurt
- 150g sultanas
1. Pre heat oven to 175C and grease a 2lb loaf tin.
2. Place butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat them until creamy. Whisk the eggs in one at a time, combining them well. Beat in the banana.
3. Sift the flour and the bicarbonate of soda together into a separate bowl. While mixing on a low speed, add half the flour to the batter mixture. Then add half the yoghurt. Repeat, alternating the flour and yoghurt until it has all been added. Stir in the sultanas.
4. Spoon the batter mixture into the prepared tin and cook in the oven for 45-60 minutes.
5. Test if cooked by inserting a skewer into the cake. If it comes out “clean” the cake is done. Take out of the oven and leave to cool. Remove from the tin when totally cool.
6. Serve topped with butter icing if desired.
URGENT APPEAL to those living in the Alton area and the local business community for used laptops that can be reconditioned and used for home schooling. Full press release here: https://t.co/ITvdOLubsZ https://t.co/Mq826wMzGq 2:21 PM - 12 Feb 2021
We are aware of sky broadband issues this morning affecting Alton and understand if this causes your child to not join home learning today. Please email us at email@example.com with the title 'Internet issues' to let us know you will not be attending lessons 11:50 AM - 08 Feb 2021
Mr Bufton: Cycling for Dementia. Our Year 8 Progress Leader is aiming to raise £500 for the Dementia Trust by cycling an amazing 250 miles in January! https://t.co/ieT0hXF3KF Any contribution would be very welcome. #HopefullyNoPunctures #KeepWarm https://t.co/3gqOTHvclB 4:55 PM - 08 Jan 2021