Need some inspiration today? Try this!
Amberley M. brings you her tasty Banana Loaf recipe from The Great Eggar's Cookbook. She says:
" The inspiration for this recipe came from going to Wisley when I was younger. They served some amazing banana cake in the tea room and I wanted to make some at home. So I came up with my own recipe for Banana Loaf helped by my dad."
- 200g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g natural yoghurt
- 150g sultanas
1. Pre heat oven to 175C and grease a 2lb loaf tin.
2. Place butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat them until creamy. Whisk the eggs in one at a time, combining them well. Beat in the banana.
3. Sift the flour and the bicarbonate of soda together into a separate bowl. While mixing on a low speed, add half the flour to the batter mixture. Then add half the yoghurt. Repeat, alternating the flour and yoghurt until it has all been added. Stir in the sultanas.
4. Spoon the batter mixture into the prepared tin and cook in the oven for 45-60 minutes.
5. Test if cooked by inserting a skewer into the cake. If it comes out “clean” the cake is done. Take out of the oven and leave to cool. Remove from the tin when totally cool.
6. Serve topped with butter icing if desired.
Eggar's School is offering an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work as a small-group intervention tutor, providing intervention and academic support for students who have been negatively impacted by Covid-19. https://t.co/xDRfMhuait 11:42 AM - 25 Nov 2020
Temporary Art Teacher We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, and talented teacher of Art a temporary basis. The department currently delivers both GCSE Art and GCSE Photography and has excellent resources and facilities. Details are available on https://t.co/XspIgsmhHN 12:51 PM - 23 Oct 2020
Join us virtually for our first Open Event of the academic year on Tuesday 13 October! Tuesday 13 October ⏰ 4pm to 8pm Register and secure your place now https://t.co/NeE1VmLqTQ https://t.co/FdAqecPAcF 5:17 PM - 12 Oct 2020