The perfect cake for Valentine's Day
Indulge yourselves with our Recipe of the Month for February! With Valentine's Day just around the corner, why not treat the one you love (or even quite like) to a slice of Miss Hopkins' wonderful cake - ideal for birthdays and Valentines alike!
This is just a taster from The Great Eggar's Cookbook - 156 pages of culinary delights which is out NOW! You can print off the recipe below or better still, buy the Cookbook and enjoy all the other recipes in there. It can be ordered for only £10.00 using the Order Form below!
Easy-peasy Variety (Birthday) Cake for Valentine's Day!
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C (fan assisted).
- Place baking parchment in the bottom of an 8 inch round cake tin and grease the sides with butter spray oil.
- Weigh out all ingredients and place in the same bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together in a stand mixer until combined and the batter looks smooth.
- Place the batter into the cake tin, smoothing the top and tapping a couple of times lightly to evenly distribute.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes. Check if ready by placing a toothpick into the middle of cake, when it comes out clean the cake is cooked.
- Leave in the cake tin for 10 minutes on a cooling rack, before removing from the tin and leaving to cool completely on the rack.
- Prepare the icing by weighing out the butter and softening in the microwave (it should not be melted but leaves an indent when touched).
- Beat the butter, icing sugar, milk and vanilla extract together until fully combined and fluffy.
- Cut the cake into 2 or 3 even layers.
- Pipe or evenly spread the icing on each of the layers, placing the cake layers on top and using the base of the cake as your top layer.
- Decorate with fruit or other decoration of your choice.
- Chocolate: Swap 25g of flour for cocoa powder. Swap 15g of icing sugar for cocoa powder
- Lemon: Add the zest of 1-2 lemons to the cake batter. Swap 2tbsp of milk for lemon juice in icing
URGENT APPEAL to those living in the Alton area and the local business community for used laptops that can be reconditioned and used for home schooling. Full press release here: https://t.co/ITvdOLubsZ https://t.co/Mq826wMzGq 2:21 PM - 12 Feb 2021
We are aware of sky broadband issues this morning affecting Alton and understand if this causes your child to not join home learning today. Please email us at email@example.com with the title 'Internet issues' to let us know you will not be attending lessons 11:50 AM - 08 Feb 2021
Mr Bufton: Cycling for Dementia. Our Year 8 Progress Leader is aiming to raise £500 for the Dementia Trust by cycling an amazing 250 miles in January! https://t.co/ieT0hXF3KF Any contribution would be very welcome. #HopefullyNoPunctures #KeepWarm https://t.co/3gqOTHvclB 4:55 PM - 08 Jan 2021