The results are in...
Eggar’s School competed in the Aldershot and District Senior Athletics Championships on 19 May. This was held at Palmer Park, Reading and is the first representative level in athletics. Twelve other schools took part, so the competition was fierce.
The following students earned a podium finish in their event (from left to right):
- Louis Kennett (U17): triple jump – gold medal.
- James Smith (U17): 100m – silver medal, 4 x 100m relay – bronze medal.
- Matthew Barber (U17): shot put – silver medal, 4 x 100m relay – bronze medal.
- Chris Norton (U15): 100m – gold medal, long jump – gold medal, 4 x 100m relay (u17) – bronze medal and the Savoury Cup for the best individual field performance for an u15 boy.
- Joshua Jack (U15): javelin – silver medal.
- Freya Thomas-Taylor (u15): 200m – silver medal.
- Katie Stokes (U17): triple jump – gold medal.
- Patrick Muhiwa (U17): 4 x 100m relay – bronze medal.
- Joseph Yates (U17): 400m – bronze medal.
The following students have also been selected to represent the District at the County Championships this term:
Katie Stokes, James Smith, Louis Kennett, Matthew Barber, Freya Thomas-Taylor, Chris Norton, Joshua Jack.
URGENT APPEAL to those living in the Alton area and the local business community for used laptops that can be reconditioned and used for home schooling. Full press release here: https://t.co/ITvdOLubsZ https://t.co/Mq826wMzGq 2:21 PM - 12 Feb 2021
We are aware of sky broadband issues this morning affecting Alton and understand if this causes your child to not join home learning today. Please email us at email@example.com with the title 'Internet issues' to let us know you will not be attending lessons 11:50 AM - 08 Feb 2021
Mr Bufton: Cycling for Dementia. Our Year 8 Progress Leader is aiming to raise £500 for the Dementia Trust by cycling an amazing 250 miles in January! https://t.co/ieT0hXF3KF Any contribution would be very welcome. #HopefullyNoPunctures #KeepWarm https://t.co/3gqOTHvclB 4:55 PM - 08 Jan 2021