The Academy Trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee (the liability of the members is set at £10 in the model Articles of Association). The Trust has two layers of governance:
- the members, who operate at a strategic level with ultimate control over the direction of the Academy Trust, and
- the trustees with responsibility for day-to-day management and operation of the Academy Trust.
The functions of the members of the Academy Trust include:
- Overseeing the achievement of the objectives of the company.
- Taking part Extraordinary General Meetings.
- Appointing some of the governors.
- Signing off the company’s financial accounts and annual report.
- Power to amend the Articles of the company and, ultimately, to remove the trustees/directors.
Overall, members usually have much more limited practical involvement in the management of the company than the governors.
Current members are:
- Keith Arrowsmith-Oliver
- Stephen Dunne
- Gareth Morgan
- Steve Williams
- Alison Harris
The Trustees (the Trustee Body)
In Academies, the governors are directors or trustees of the Academy Trust. Most day-to-day management decisions are made collectively through a board of directors typically referred to as the governing body.
The governing body manages the Academy on behalf of the Academy Trust and the key responsibilities are to:
- Ensure the quality of educational provision.
- Challenge and monitor the performance of the school.
- Manage the Academy Trust’s finances and property.
- Manage the staff.
- Exercise reasonable skill and care in carrying out their duties.
- Ensure that the Academy Trust complies with charity and company law.
- Operate the Academy in accordance with the Funding Agreement that has been signed with the Secretary of State.
Wishing everyone a relaxing Easter break and please read our latest newsletter. https://t.co/M6P02Ly3ch https://t.co/4EwzE5sGDt 1:02 PM - 31 Mar 2023
End of term and our Refectory have Hot Cross Buns on offer for the students and staff. The team do an amazing job keeping everyone fed and happy at school. #easter #endofterm #WeAreEggars https://t.co/mv568iwwdw 9:25 AM - 31 Mar 2023
https://t.co/MgQZlemgpJ 8:50 PM - 30 Mar 2023