Remembering John Eggar
Every year our School's long history is celebrated by our Year 7 students at the Church of the Holy Rood in Holybourne. On November 7 the students walked in a crocodile to the village church where a service was held to remember our Founder John Eggar, a local farmer.
Under a Trust Deed dated 21 March 1638, he realised his idea of providing a school to serve the needs of its community. The first Head Teacher was appointed in 1642 – the date that appears on the school badge and which is proudly displayed on the current Eggar’s School blazer.
The whole service helped the Year 7s really appreciate the amazing history of their new school.