School's long history celebrated
On October 3rd and in a service which happens every year at Holybourne Church, Year 7 students remembered their founder, a local farmer named John Eggar.
Under a Trust Deed dated 21st March 1638, Eggar realised his idea of providing a school to serve the needs of its community. The first Head Teacher was appointed in 1642 – the date that appears on the school badge and which is proudly displayed on the current Eggar’s School blazer.
The Year 7's walked in a crocodile to Holybourne (another tradition of the day) and then enjoyed a lovely service led by the Reverend Chris Bradish. The whole service helped the students really appreciate the long history of their new school.
https://t.co/Q5LmWboJvv 2:57 PM - 03 Jul 2018