The Academy Trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee (the liability of the members is set at £10 in the model Articles of Association). The Trust has two layers of governance:
- the members, who operate at a strategic level with ultimate control over the direction of the Academy Trust, and
- the governors (often referred to as the directors or trustees) with responsibility for day-to-day management and operation of the Academy Trust.
The functions of the members of the Academy Trust include:
- Overseeing the achievement of the objectives of the company.
- Taking part in Annual and Extraordinary General Meetings.
- Appointing some of the governors.
- Signing off the company’s financial accounts and annual report.
- Power to amend the Articles of the company and, ultimately, to remove the governors/directors.
Overall, members usually have much more limited practical involvement in the management of the company than the governors.
Current members are:
- Patrick Sullivan
- Lisa Hillan
- Jackie Keen
- Gareth Morgan
- Steve Williams
The Governors (the Governing Body)
In Academies, the governors are directors or trustees of the Academy Trust. Most day-to-day management decisions are made collectively through a board of directors typically referred to as the governing body.
The governing body manages the Academy on behalf of the Academy Trust and the key responsibilities are to:
- Ensure the quality of educational provision.
- Challenge and monitor the performance of the school.
- Manage the Academy Trust’s finances and property.
- Manage the staff.
- Exercise reasonable skill and care in carrying out their duties.
- Ensure that the Academy Trust complies with charity and company law.
- Operate the Academy in accordance with the Funding Agreement that has been signed with the Secretary of State.
#crackers #baubles #decorations #tablecloth #pleasedonateorloan https://t.co/hWZcHZSTaN 7:11 PM - 10 Dec 2018
How wonderful to receive this email .... 'I wanted you to know how impressed I was by your pupils at the Old Vic last night. Every single child was very polite, thanking us for moving so they could take their seats. They really were a credit to your school. Best wishes, ...' https://t.co/xXiPazphrl 7:04 PM - 10 Dec 2018